cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Installing and Running mathcad prime 3.1 under windows 11 - possible?

Mko
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Installing and Running mathcad prime 3.1 under windows 11 - possible?

I am a longtime mathcad user who purchased a permanent license for Mathcad prime 3.1 many years ago.

I am in the midst of replacing my old win 10 computer, with a new one running win 11.  Before I begin the task of reinstalling mathcad 3.1 and getting the licensing software to work, I am wondering if version 3.1 will run under win 11.?

As a retired person, I cannot justify the cost of getting the latest version of Mathcad, so if my version won’t work, I’ll just install the express version.

thanks

mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Mko)

I think it should work, but it's no problem trying it out. Assuming you still have access to the installation (a CD or you've saved it on a server), you can just install Prime 3.1, don't request a license, and it should run in express mode.

If it doesn't want to run, or causes errors, you'll have your answer.

Once you know it can run, you can start trying to move the license to the new PC. I think you'll need PTC support for that, considering:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Tips/Official-PTC-Mathcad-15-and-Prime-1-6-End-of-Sale-Announcement/ta-p/818870

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Mko)

I think it should work, but it's no problem trying it out. Assuming you still have access to the installation (a CD or you've saved it on a server), you can just install Prime 3.1, don't request a license, and it should run in express mode.

If it doesn't want to run, or causes errors, you'll have your answer.

Once you know it can run, you can start trying to move the license to the new PC. I think you'll need PTC support for that, considering:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Tips/Official-PTC-Mathcad-15-and-Prime-1-6-End-of-Sale-Announcement/ta-p/818870

Success!
Luc

Mko
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

Luc,

thanks for the quick reply.  Giving it a try is always a viable strategy.

mike

Top Tags