cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Logfiles for MatchCAD 7.0.0.0 License Utility

PM_10830543
4-Participant

Logfiles for MatchCAD 7.0.0.0 License Utility

Hi all,

I've got an issue with licensing MathCAD 7 Prime. When starting MathCAD 7 Prime, only the express version shows up. After selecting the correct license in the License Utility, the utility software states, that MathCAD 7 Prime was successfully activated. After closing the utility, MathCAD 7 Prime restarts in the express version again while showing the dialog to enter a valid license.

Looking into the file C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\MathcadPrime.exe.V7.Config, the property "LicenseType" is set to "NoLicense".

Entering the license using the license manager was tried in two different ways. With directly providing the license file and with a license server. The result stays the same, the utility software states a successful activation. After MathCAD restart, no license is active...

Is there any logging for the licensing process of MathCad 7 Prime available?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:PM_10830543)

As far as I know, the Prime license is tied to the MAC address of your internet connection. If you have both a network card, and a WiFi connection active, your PC might be switching between the two, while the Prime license is only valid for one of the two.

Hope this helps.

Success!
Luc

PM_10830543
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

I know that this is the case for the license server. We have a license file that is tied to the MAC address of the license server. Other machines activate their MathCAD installation via this license server. Also, these computers only have a single network interface.

So, unfortunately, this is not the solution for our problem.

As I pointed out, MathCAD restarts directly after activating the license. The restarted MathCAD is, however, not licensed... It seems that there is a problem during the installation process.

I recommend you open a new Case here - "Open a Support Case": https://support.ptc.com/apps/cs_loggers/case_logger/auth/ssl/log

Top Tags