cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Prime 9.0 does not launchon Win 10

Lucius_Vorenius
3-Visitor

Prime 9.0 does not launchon Win 10

Hello,

I have recently installed Prime 9.0 on my professional DELL laptop running Win 10 but when I launch the program, nothing happens, no pop-up screen nothing: the mouse cursor does its usual circles for a few seconds and then vanishes. I had to run the installation under a dedicated admin account but then back to my account, I can't start Prime even I run it again with admin priviledges.

It actually happened recently with an install I did with 7.0 and I could no longer launch it in the end while I could use it for a year or so. It is what motivated the migration to 9.0 but the problem remains. I've checked for a log file in the PTC folder but could not see one. Also checked the Symantec log files, nothing reported. 

If you could point me to some solutions I could explore, I would appreciate. Thank you.

Christophe

--

2 REPLIES 2

Hello VladimirN,

I have tried to follow what the link said, e.g. delete some of the files in the appropriate directory but same result: Prime still does not launch. I've seen there is also a recommendation for installating .NET Framework but this is a company laptop and going through any of these process requires admin priviledges. Since I'm often using two monitors, I will check that it does not open in the unconnected one but I doubt. Thank you.

Christophe

Top Tags