cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

3D plot visualisation

isavu
1-Newbie

3D plot visualisation

Hello,

I am trying to do a 3d plot of an m x n matrix. I know that each point is plotted as an elevation on the z axe versus its respecctive row (x axis) and column y axis index. The values in the matrix are very diffrent, i mean i have -62 1.2 1 and 5.7 *10^9,  and i don't find for example the poin (1,1,-62) on the plot. Is it because the max values are so diffrent from the min values? Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:isavu)

Please post the worksheet. It's all but impossible to give you any advice without seeing the problem.

isavu
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

This is the data that i was talking about. I don't think that point is visible due to the differences between the max and min values.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Iulia Savu wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to do a 3d plot of an m x n matrix. I know that each point is plotted as an elevation on the z axe versus its respecctive row (x axis) and column y axis index. The values in the matrix are very diffrent, i mean i have -62 1.2 1 and 5.7 *10^9,  and i don't find for example the poin (1,1,-62) on the plot. Is it because the max values are so diffrent from the min values? Thank you

Very Likely.

Can you manually set the lower limit in Prime?  Here's what you get when you turn off Auto Grid in M15.   You still can't really make out which values are the smallest, but at least you can see what the minimum value is.

Stuart

Even if i set the lower limit to -70 lets say, i will still not be able to visualize the point due to the high diffrence.

Hi Lulia.

Can try with a logarithmic scale, after translate for avoid nonpositive values.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

> and i don't find for example the poin (1,1,-62) on the plot.

Possibly because its the point (0/0/-62). Indices run beginning from 0, not from 1, when ORIGIN is set (by default) to 0.

And this point of course looks like the origin (0/0/0) because -62 is so small compared to other values in your field.

isavu
1-Newbie
(To:Werner_E)

Yep, i think you are correct,    Thanks for the help everyone.

Top Tags