cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

AISC V13 Table 3-2

BongTallorin
1-Newbie

AISC V13 Table 3-2

AISC TABLE 3-2 BY PROFILE

4 REPLIES 4

Lorenzo,

This is nicely done and easy to look at, something lacking in most files.  For design though, a section is normally selected based on strength or stiffness, sometimes its un-braced, sometimes (but rareily) its not compact.  What would be of great value is to take a little time and add columns after the section column showing the strength, unbraced lengths compactness and I.  This could be added by taking a lot of time to manipulate the database using a program, or just sitting down for an afternoon and copy the information from the appropriate ASIC table.  Then searching for qualifying sections is much easier, and for most problems, the design is actually done upon selection.  You could import the revised data table and use mathcad functions as needed to search, or search by scrolling, or do something more elaborate.

Again, nicely done and generous of you to post.

Wayne

Hi,

I have a file that not only has the section properites but for a simple beam case will use conjugate beam theory to look at permanent (dead), transient (live), crane point and uniform loads.  You can list the lateral supports and deflection criteria and it picks beams for the list that meet it.

For Australian steel code AS 4100.  Willing to share this but can't find the method of uploading it on this page?  Where's the upload button?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:BongTallorin)

Terry if I'm not mistaken when a document is created only the author can upload worksheets. The author also has the option to set permissions on the document.

You create a new thread and post the worksheet there.

Mike

Wayne,

Thank you very much for the comment. I have revised and posted the worksheet as per your input/comment.

Lorenzo

Top Tags