cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Access a element in a vector

MR_9547140
1-Newbie

Access a element in a vector

Hi,

Assume I have a vector of 10*10. How to access one element from the vector in MATHCAD Prime.

Say I would like to know 3*4th element in the vector. How to get the same

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MR_9547140 wrote:

Hi,

Assume I have a vector of 10*10. How to access one element from the vector in MATHCAD Prime.

You use the vector/matrix index to do so (keyboard short is "[" without the quotes), separating row and column index by a comma.

Note that by default Prime starts to number vectors and matrices starting with 0. You can change this by setting a different value for the system variable ORIGIN (either at the top of the page or via the menu).

So if you have a 10 x 10 matrix, the top left element has the indices 0,0

In Prime instead of using the matrix index you may also use the matrix like a function, providing row and column index as arguments.

Here is an example:

Werner_E_0-1647956292940.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@MR_9547140 wrote:

Hi,

You use the vector/matrix index to do so (keyboard short is "[" without the quotes), separating row and column index by a comma.

Note that by default Prime starts to number vectors and matrices starting with 0. You can change this by setting a different value for the system variable ORIGIN (either at the top of the page or via the menu).

So if you have a 10 x 10 matrix, the top left element has the indices 0,0

In Prime instead of using the matrix index you may also use the matrix like a function, providing row and column index as arguments.

Here is an example:

Werner_E_0-1647956292940.png

We can do it so too

MMMMM.png

Who can show an even more exotic way to access one element from the matrix?

Matrix Exercises

MMMMMM.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ValeryOchkov)

How crazy can it get?

LucMeekes_0-1648042877915.png

Luc

Top Tags