cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Access to Mathcad 15 Files after Jan. 31.

h-man
3-Visitor

Access to Mathcad 15 Files after Jan. 31.

Hello,

is there a possibility to access version 15 files after end of January, i. e. with a viewer programm or evaluation license?

Regards

Holger

7 REPLIES 7
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:h-man)

If your Mathcad license ends on Jan 31. then you have at least 2 options:

1) If you have a Prime license you can try to convert the files to Prime format. Be aware that depending on the functions used by Mathcad the Prime file possibly won't work OK or will need a lot of rework and clean-up. Starting from Prime 7, the converter does not need Mathcad 15 to be installed and I expect it to work independent from your Mathcad license as long as your Prime license is valid.

2) For viewing the files you can try Luc's viewer for MC14 and MC15 files: Re: Can't see your sheet, but... - PTC Community

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

In addition, Prime (7 and up) also allow to convert a Mathcad (15 and below) file to html format. That is, it is not converted to Prime format, but the sheet is calculated and the result is presented in a html file, showing how it would look like in Mathcad, and viewable in a browser.

Success!
Luc

mvenich
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

h-man
3-Visitor
(To:mvenich)

I tried MapleFlow and got Maplesoft to convert some examples (there's no converter available to end customers). The result was absolutely dissapointing: most content is just missing, example plots had been converted to images! There's a big discrepancy between the strong advertising on the homepage and the performance.
So changing to Maplesoft is not an option

DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:h-man)

Thank you for sharing your experience. I didn't know that Maplesoft actually offered that service and I was wondering what kind of converter they developed given how strong that page (which I didn't know existed) portrays their service. They even gave it a name and everything. There's no way Maplesoft can convert Mathcad 15 worksheets better than PTC Mathcad Prime can.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DJNewman)

"There's no way Maplesoft can convert Mathcad 15 worksheets better than PTC Mathcad Prime can."

I consider that a bold statement, given:

- How much after-work there sometimes is to do.

- The amount of Mathcad 15 features that Prime does not (yet) support.

On the other hand, I haven't investigated MapleFlow more than about an hour.

Luc

h-man
3-Visitor
(To:Werner_E)

I forgot to mention that I have collapsed areas in my documents.

I tried Luc's converter, but it lacks the function to see the content.

Opening the files and uncollapsing the areas is not a real option, as I have many files and don't know which one contains areas

Top Tags