cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Any way to convert backwards from Prime (mcdx) to MC15-era (xmcd) file format?

ptc-1307023
2-Guest

Any way to convert backwards from Prime (mcdx) to MC15-era (xmcd) file format?

Is there a way? Possibly through an intermediate format via export-then-import process?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirN)

@VladimirN wrote:

No, there is no such reverse option.

P.S. Here's what you can do:
1. Save your worksheet in "PDF/XPS/RTF" format.
2. Manually type the contents of the file.

Rather than use pdf/etc output, I either:

• Open Mathcad Prime and M15 in side-by-side windows.  This has the advantage of being able to check partial results (by adding new expressions) when bug hunting.
  • Paste images of the original worksheet directly into the new worksheet.  This makes it easier to check when looking for typos or dealing with wide expressions, and helps retain the provenance.

Stuart

Of course, if I weren't so lazy, I'd probably be tempted to write a tridirectional mcdx-LaTeχ-xmcd converter. The temptation has bubbled perilously close to the surface on a couple of occasions, but so far I've successfully managed to suppress it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-1307023)

Cut and Paste from the Prime worksheet to the 15 spreadsheet. Only issue is if you have new functions that 15 does not support.

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:BenLoosli)

That does not work,

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirN)

@VladimirN wrote:

Rather than use pdf/etc output, I either:

• Open Mathcad Prime and M15 in side-by-side windows.  This has the advantage of being able to check partial results (by adding new expressions) when bug hunting.
  • Paste images of the original worksheet directly into the new worksheet.  This makes it easier to check when looking for typos or dealing with wide expressions, and helps retain the provenance.

Stuart

Of course, if I weren't so lazy, I'd probably be tempted to write a tridirectional mcdx-LaTeχ-xmcd converter. The temptation has bubbled perilously close to the surface on a couple of occasions, but so far I've successfully managed to suppress it.

Yes, you can do that too.

Yes, pretty much what I did. I too thought briefly about a programming-based approach, diving into xml, but I believe it would require schema definitions that I don't have. No vendor wants to make it easy for an organization to operate with people using old versions of their software. Not a surprising conclusion

Top Tags