cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

CTRL + SHIFT + A function not working! (Mathcad 15)

aheaney
1-Newbie

CTRL + SHIFT + A function not working! (Mathcad 15)

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

I've been having a problem lately where the above keystroke is not working for me.

All other keystrokes / shortcuts seem to be working fine.

CTRL + A selects everything on the document and SHIFT + A types "A" as per usual, however, combining the two, to create a math region within a text region has no effect.

At the moment I have simply had to either use the menu - Insert > Math Region, or by right clicking where I would like the math region inserted.

However, I am wondering if anyone has encountered this and managed to resolve the issue?

Thank you in advance.

Andrew

8 REPLIES 8
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:aheaney)

"Ctrl + Shift + A" key combination should work only in text region (after inserting this text region). What service release of Mathcad 15 are you using and keyboard layout (EN or other?)?

Mathcad 15.0 (M010 [MC15_M010_20110622])

Keyboard is standard QWERTY EN.

The function previously worked before, to clarify, I have created a text region and attempted to create a math region at the centre of it, however, I am not getting a response when I press CTRL + SHIFT + A.

My colleagues here don't seem to have the same issue. Just not sure why this has happened.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It works fine for me. Try downloading and installing the latest release of 15 (which you should probably do anyway; M010 is kind of old).

http://www.ptc.com/engineering-math-software/mathcad/free-trial/thank-you

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

It works fine for me in Mathcad 15 M045 service release.

Thank you for your responses.

Unfortunately, due to IT restrictions at my company, I am unable to write the M045 release to my C: drive. The only available version from our 'download centre' is the M010 version.

However, I do have MathCAD Prime 3.0 available, which I think I may now use instead...

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Prime has a lot of deficiencies compared to Mathcad 15. You might change your mind after you have used it a little.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Why the IT department can not help you upgrade to M045 release, what's the problem here?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:VladimirN)

In my experience there are two departments that often seem to believe that rather than them serving the needs of the company operations, the operation of the company should be changed to serve their needs: accounting and IT.

Top Tags