cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Can't Print to PDF or Save to XPS

mgreen-3
1-Newbie

Can't Print to PDF or Save to XPS

I cannot get my Mathcad Prime 6.0 to print to pdf or save to xps. I have a decent size file but I have noticed that with the Mathcad open and not much else my memory usage sits at ~5 GB. Once I try to print to pdf or save to xps the memory just creeps up over seconds/minutes until my 16 GB computer is tapped out. 

Does anyone have ideas for work arounds to avoid this? or past experiences with print to pdf / xps issues and solutions that I can try?

Thanks,

Michael

1 REPLY 1

I remember some complaints here that export to XPS and printing resulted in misplaced embedded graphics and/or distorted axis scaling in plots, but not that it would lock up a machine or having a memory leak.

You know, that on contrary to XPS export ("save as"), printing to pdf is not a feature provided by Prime itself but requires a pdf-printer to be installed (like "Microsoft Print to PDF" in Win 10). You may try to install another pdf-printer and see if it works better.

I'm just poking around:
.) Are you able to make prints on a physical printer? Printing to a pdf-printer should make no difference.

.) Are you having the problem with just one specific worksheet or aren't you able to save to XPS or print to PDF at all?

.) Does saving to rtf format work OK. A clumsy and sure not satisfiable workaround could be to do so and then print the rtf document from within Word.

You may consider contacting PTC support.

Top Tags