cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Comparison results vs requirements.

EP_10906526
4-Participant

Comparison results vs requirements.

Hello.

Im using Mathcad prime 9.0.0.0

need to create an analysis in which im comparing my results with my requirements.

need some kind of function to do that but not really sure where to start or what to look for.

something like 

my maximum voltage calculated is 16V, but per requirement im allowed to go up to 18V

so want a function that compare this 2 values and show them like:

"Result: 16V  -  Margin: 12.5%  -  PASS"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if thats what you are looking for, but here is a function which checks if given value is within a given range of allowance and returns either the string "PASS" or "FAIL!".

Werner_E_0-1708634753568.png

On contrary to old Mathcad we cannot (yet?) format depending on the result or use scripted components. So the only way to return results which also are different in color, etc. is to use an Excel component. Would be to much overkill for me but it seems to be the only way so far if you want to see different colors (font size, style, etc.) depending on the result of the check.

Werner_E_1-1708634917460.png

Prime 9 sheet attached

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not sure if thats what you are looking for, but here is a function which checks if given value is within a given range of allowance and returns either the string "PASS" or "FAIL!".

Werner_E_0-1708634753568.png

On contrary to old Mathcad we cannot (yet?) format depending on the result or use scripted components. So the only way to return results which also are different in color, etc. is to use an Excel component. Would be to much overkill for me but it seems to be the only way so far if you want to see different colors (font size, style, etc.) depending on the result of the check.

Werner_E_1-1708634917460.png

Prime 9 sheet attached

EP_10906526
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Great!!

this is actually very helpful!

i guess i could even place the Check function for all my results at the end of the document and that would be easier to show like a summary matrix. 

Top Tags