cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Conversion Failure

PL_10658154
1-Newbie

Conversion Failure

Hi,

I would like your help to convert MathCAD 15 file to 7 Prime (see attached). The conversion dialog shows conversion failure.

Thanks,

-Peter

2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately I can only confirm that the worksheet opens without problems in Mathcad 15, but the conversion failed in Prime 6 as well as in Prime 9.

I could not find anything unusual in the file, I tried a simple filename (the converter is known not to like the # character in the file name), I deleted the headers, footers and borders. But all to no avail - the conversion failed.

The log file is of no help to me:

Exception data:
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei Ptc.PersistentDataObjects.PresentationSettingsDataObjectCreator.ConvertNormalTextStyle(Dictionary`2 mc14TextStyles)
bei Ptc.PersistentDataObjects.PresentationSettingsDataObjectCreator.ConvertMC15TextStyle(Dictionary`2 mc14TextStyles)
bei Ptc.PersistentDataObjects.PresentationSettingsDataObjectCreator.CopyConvert(MC14presentationMathRendering mc14MathRendering, MC14presentationColorModel mc14ColorModel, MC14resultFormatType mc14ResultsFormat, MC14presentationPageModel mc14PageModel, DataObjectHelper dataObjectHelper)
bei Ptc.PersistentDataObjects.PresentationSettingsDataObjectCreator.CreatePresentationSettingsFromMC14Xml(XmlElement presentationXml, DataObjectHelper dataObjectHelper, IDictionary`2 headerFooterImagesMap, List`1& headerRegions, List`1& footerRegions)
bei Ptc.PersistentDataObjects.DocumentSettingsDataObjectCreator.ReadDocumentSettings(XmlElement settingDataAsXml, DataObjectHelper dataObjectHelper, IDictionary`2 headerFooterImagePaths, presentation& presentation, calculation& calculation, List`1& headerRegions, List`1& footerRegions)
bei MCDXConverter7.DocumentSettings.AddSettings(String settings, String[] paths)
bei MCDXConverter7.CMcdxConverter.AddSettings(String settings, String[] paths)

You may consider reporting this bug to PTC support.

I still think that you should report it to PTC support, but I managed to convert the sheet (using Prime 6, so you should be able to open the attached file with Prime 7).

The converter choked on the font which was used for normal text (probably because it was something unusual, not installed on the machine the conversion is done?).

I set the font to be "Verdana" and - voilà - the converter did its job.

Crazy and sure a bug as the converter is targeted to people not having access to legacy Mathcad (why would you use mediocre Prime when you can use the real thing 😉

Top Tags