cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Copy part in Mathcad

PiaLangoth
1-Newbie

Copy part in Mathcad

Hi!

I have a problem when I want to copy a part of my Mathcad 15 worksheet.

I first mark the part, I press ctrl + c and then ctrl + v to paste it. If I do so Mathcad crashes. My first thought was that it happens because of worksheet protection, but that is not the reason. Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you very much for your help in advanve!

Kind regards, Pia

16 REPLIES 16

I have some problem in one big sheet.

One solution - switch off automatic calculation than copy and paste.

I have just tried to switch off automatic calculation and copy + paste. But Mathcad still crashes. Do you have another idea?

Thank you!

Pia Langoth wrote:

Do you have another idea?

Change Mathcad to...

Or send your sheet for our test.

ok, here is my file! I really don't know why it does not work!

Thank you!

My Mathcad crashes too with your sheet...

hm...ok. I just tried to open another file and copy + paste a part and everything works fine. I'm confused! Are there any special settings so that it is not possible to copy something?

There seems to be a corruption in one of the HTML fields defining the Text styles:

<textStyle name="Untertitel" base-style="Untertitel">

<blockAttr margin-left="inherit" margin-right="inherit" text-indent="inherit" text-align="inherit" list-style-type="inherit" tabs="inherit"/>

<inlineAttr font-family="inherit" font-charset="inherit" font-size="inherit" font-weight="inherit" font-style="inherit" underline="inherit" line-through="inherit" vertical-align="inherit"/>

</textStyle>

Deleting this from the sheet allows copying to occur ...

... Can anyone explain why???

Regards

Andy

Ok - when you se it - its obvious =>

<textStyle name="Untertitel" base-style="Untertitel">

The style calls itself as the base style - changing this to

<textStyle name="Untertitel">

leaves it working.

Regards

Andy

Thank you very much for your help! Now it works!

Do you have any explanation for the cause of this corruption?

I tested your file to copy/paste and no problems (by using Mathcad 15 M020). What service release of Mathcad 15 are you using?

I am confused! When I use your testfile_mathcad_copypaste and copy/paste it works! Did you change anything? I use Mathcad 15 M010.

No, I just copy one region and paste it in another place. You can try to update your Mathcad version to M20 service release.

I am using MC15 M020 and if I open your file, do nothing and save it (with a different name, but this should not matter) the compromising "base-style="Untertitel">" is gone.

So it seems that Mathcad is healing the document itself. BTW, I am as well using the German version like you.

The question is still unanswered - what version and maintainance release are you using?

It looks like its a bug in an older verson which is fixed now.

One of the bugs fixed in Mathcad 15 M020 is

"2109574 - Fixes a worksheet corruption issue related to circular chain of style definitions"

which seems to fit perfectly here.

He use (http://communities.ptc.com/message/228064#228059😞

Pia Langoth wrote:

"... I use Mathcad 15 M010 ...".

VladimirN. wrote:

He use

rather "She", I guess

Pia Langoth wrote:

"... I use Mathcad 15 M010 ...".

Ahhh, yes!" Think I have to get a pair of new specs. Sorry Pia for accusing you not to answer Vlad's question.

The point still remains - its a documented bug which is fixed in M020, so if possible you should update to that realease.

Thank you very much for your answers!

I use the following Mathcad version: Mathcad 15.0 (M010 [MC15_M010_20110622])

So if this bug is fixed in newer versions of Mathcad it's ok for me!

Thank you very much for your help!

Top Tags