cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Corrupted Mathcad File

ptc-5159295
1-Newbie

Corrupted Mathcad File

It seems that I have a corrupted mathcad file. I get the following error message when I try to open it. I am using version 15. Is there a way to fix this, I've attached the file.

Mathcad+Error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have seen this error a few times myself.

It usually happens when mathcad crashes during a save.

If this is what happened then the file will be 0 bytes long (no content) & not recoverable from the file.

However, if you look in the folder where you were trying to save there may be a file in the form "MFCxxnn.TMP" where xx are random letters & nn are random digits.

If there is try renaming it from .tmp to .xmcd .

My experience has been that I can usually recover all the data that I had saved.

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Can you upload this file?

I tried attaching the file in the first post, and have tried again. Hopefully it works this time. Thanks.

Jameson Greco wrote:

I tried attaching the file in the first post, and have tried again. Hopefully it works this time. Thanks.

No, it didn't.

You have to click "Use advanced editor" at the upper left first. Then you have at the end of your post the option to attach files.

I have seen this error a few times myself.

It usually happens when mathcad crashes during a save.

If this is what happened then the file will be 0 bytes long (no content) & not recoverable from the file.

However, if you look in the folder where you were trying to save there may be a file in the form "MFCxxnn.TMP" where xx are random letters & nn are random digits.

If there is try renaming it from .tmp to .xmcd .

My experience has been that I can usually recover all the data that I had saved.

Regards

Andy

Looks like that's what happened, unfortunately no such tmp file, oh well, thanks for the help all.

what if there is not .tmp file created in that folder? How to recover the corrupted Mathcad 5 file then?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:FZ_10382363)

Mathcad 5, or Prime 5?

I don't think Prime creates .TMP files. If you attach your corrupted file we can see if it's possible to salvage (part of) it.

Success!
Luc

Hey Luc,

I have attached the compressed file of the corrupted .xmcd file. This is the second time this has happened when Mathcad crashes and you are not able to save or save as and the error states ' the requested file is not a valid Mathcad xml worksheet'

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:FZ_10382363)

Unfortunately, the file is 0 bytes, so has no information to be salvaged.

You should have a backup, or start the file from scratch.

Success!

Luc

I got the same problem here, I tried something with file recovery but I'm not sure how it works

can anyone help me ??

Problem should be in

line number: 3814

character position: 135

kind regards,

Maarten Rijnaars

Hello Maarten,

Hopefully this is what you had.

The highlighted equation is the one that I think had failed, but there are a ery large numer of invalid equations (all showing red) so you will need to check through everything carefully.

regards

Andy

Top Tags