cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creep calculation as per Eurocode 2

NM_10165576
6-Contributor

Creep calculation as per Eurocode 2

NM_10165576_0-1708513115212.png

How to plot this graph and read the Values in Mathcad.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

It will be essential to know the equations of the graph.  Are they published in the code?

Software called PlotDigitizer can read the graph and turn it into a series of known points

which can then be plotted.

Cheers

Terry

Hi,
I was unable to locate any equations for these curves in Eurocode, which has left me unsure how to proceed with drawing them. Nonetheless, I appreciate your response.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:NM_10165576)

Here's an attempt to model the left part of the graph, on the basis of expressions in Appendix B of the Eurocode.

As you can see, I'm not an expert on the matter. But maybe it can be of help to you.

Success!
Luc

NM_10165576
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

I am grateful for your response. This might help me.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

On a side note:

It's interesting, if not utterly intriguing, to see the the vertical scales of the two graphs are completely different.

The scale of the left graph is log, from 1 to 100 (or the other way 'round, if you like that better). The (unlabelled) scale of the right graph is linear and in 7 divisions.

🤔 !

Luc

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.pngimage.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ttokoro)

Nice, and close to the (original) graph that the OP showed.

The original graph contains 3 curves, one each for S, N and R (for different classes of cement). The blue line is a straight line through (0,100) and the point where the red line (for a chosen t0), crosses one of the three curves (corresponding to the cement class). For values of t0 >100, the blue line should be the tangent line at the point (0,100).

Next you choose an h0 value and follow the red and purple lines (depends on the type of concrete, I guess) until the crossing with the blue line, then down to find the corresponding value of phi.

But I think that NM_10165576 can explain this better.

Luc

NM_10165576
6-Contributor
(To:ttokoro)

I am grateful for your response. This might help me.

Top Tags