cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo2.0 and Mathcad Prime 2.0 integration is very slow, it is taking so much time to integrate and regenerate model.

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

Creo2.0 and Mathcad Prime 2.0 integration is very slow, it is taking so much time to integrate and regenerate model.

Hi..

I have done design in Mathcad Prime 2.0 and trying to integrate it in Creo 2.0 but it is getting very slow.

Also once we integrate mathcad in creo then at the time of regenerate creo model, mathcad sheet also get run and either computer goes in hang mode or takes lot of time.

So please can anybody having any solution on this to reduce time.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

5 REPLIES 5

Problems with the long regeneration of the 3D models were in the days of Wildfire version.

Yes.

So is there any option that if want (user selection) then only mathcad sheet will regenerate otherwise it will regenerate only model not mathcad sheet.

For this they should provide config option.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

Hi,

Use the recommended hardware notes specified by ptc for creo 2.0 . In google search "Creo 2.0 Hardware Notes" . Good memory, CPU speed & Graphics can solve your problem

Regards

Anandkumar P

Hi..

I am using workstation RAM-16GB, Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K4000,

I think its not hardware issue. I have checked on many workstations.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

Prashant,

The integration method  you have tried has known limitations in terms of speed of regneration based on a Mathcad calculation.

WHich is one of the reason for a new/updated integration between Mathcad & Creo.

I would encourage you to try the integration between Prime 3.1 and Creo 3.0 M030.

The concept of an Embedded Mathcad Worksheet (EMW) and those linked variables being available in the Creo parmater manager and

can be used to define relations.

Further the process of data exchange is more clearly defined and managed.

Save current worksheet and Push Mathcad results to Creo

&

Update inputs in Mathcad gets you new values from Creo.

The Creo Notification centre provides up to status on whether the current worksheet is out-of-sync with the Creo model.

Probably easier if you watch the video.

http://www.ptc.com/engineering-math-software/mathcad/engineering-notebook

You will see that there is no noticeable delay each time the Creo part is regenerated.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Thomas

Top Tags