cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Cut-set analysis of an electric network

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Cut-set analysis of an electric network

Hello everyone.

I publish a work done with MATHCAD 15. I don't think you can do the same with PRIME. What do you think about it?

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 1.jpg

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 2.jpg

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 3.jpg

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 4.jpg

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 5.jpg

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 6.jpg

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 7.jpg

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 8.jpg

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 9.jpg

Esempio di analisi in base insiemi di taglio con l'uso di MATHCAD 15 - 10.jpg

          

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:-MFra-)

Shielded inductances assumption.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Shielded inductances assumption.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Sorry on page 6, we need to correct the sentence: "  ad ogni ramo del co-albero..." con "ad ogni ramo dell'albero..."
ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.pngimage.png

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:ttokoro)

Yes, good work. You used the "by inspection" method, but it doesn't lend itself to analysis automation. To find, then, the currents and voltages in each branch you have to proceed with the same method.  My work is an application of analysis based on fundamental cuts. In the case of "cut-set" analysis of a different circuit, it is sufficient to change the  cut-set matrix, the branch -impedance matrix and change the dimensions of the vectors and something else, obtaining voltages and currents in all the branches. Furthermore, I assumed that there are no mutual inductances. In this case everything becomes more complicated, even the analysis by inspection. For example, let's analyze the case in which there is a mutual inductance between two inductances.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Undoubtedly the analysis by inspection is the most used in the analysis of small circuits. However, I would avoid having large numbers appear in the formulas.
To verify the results, I am going to apply the methods based on sets of pairs of knots and fundamental links.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

sorry, nodes and not knots....

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

"By inspection" method can find any voltage and current you need. It requires only one or two steps of Ohm's low or Thevenin's-theorem.  

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

By using T type equivalent circuit, we can solve it as same as above nodal voltage analysis or loop current analysis.

image.png

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:ttokoro)

Hello.

The inspection method, as well as all the other methods of analyzing electrical networks, I have known very well since the seventies of the last century. It was important to me, with that worksheet of mine, to highlight a certain automation in doing the analysis of a network thanks to MATHCAD. I don't think I need a teacher to tell me how to do it. Although I make a few mistakes every now and then, in life, there is always something to learn. 

By this, I mean that I did not ask for an explanation, but the opinion of the members of the MATHCAD community about that worksheet and also the highlighting of some errors that I missed.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

" I don't think you can do the same with PRIME."

I think differently, see here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Cut-set-based-Network-analysis/m-p/830293#M203208

Success!
Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Correction: the elements of the N.R matrix are all positive.

Top Tags