cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

DAE Floating Point Error

c_young
1-Newbie

DAE Floating Point Error

Hello all,

I read this board quite often for Mathcad help, and can usually find the assistance I need. But this time I have not been able to track down a solution to my problem, so I will post it.

I set up a DAE to calculate the position of a linkage with associated mass as the force in an actuator changes in a known manner with actuator length (defined as F.cyl in the attached file). The number of equations in the solve block becomes large because there are four links to keep track of (including the actuator).

My problem is that the Odesolver returns a floating point error and I cannot figure out why. I have tried changing the integration time to a very small value to eliminate points that may be causing the error, but it does not help.

If someone has time, please look at the attached file and provide feedback as to where I may be going wrong. Thanks!

Charlie

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags