cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Edit script option in Mathcad prime 8.0

SP_9203461
4-Participant

Edit script option in Mathcad prime 8.0

Hi ,

Kindly suggest where to find the Edit script( script editor ) option in Mathcad prime 8; which was earlier available in insert menu under control tab in Mathcad 15

Have attached images for reference below

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correction: Scripted controls are scheduled for Mathcad Prime 10, which should be March 2024. The working group has been created at the beginning of this month to allow for enough time for product management to get feedback and enough time to develop that in the product. (Prime 9 wouldn't be enough time.)

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

Scripted components are not available in Prime 8.

There is currently a working group to determine what form scripted components exist in Prime 9.

Prime 9 is earmarked for march 2023

Cheers

Terry

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the response. is there any workaround for that??

Hi,

Not really.  Only programming opportunity is the Prime API that can read out of and write values into Prime.

It is available to a number of languages.  A running application in the language of choice gets Prime to work unlike a script that Prime would run..

Cheers

Terry 

Correction: Scripted controls are scheduled for Mathcad Prime 10, which should be March 2024. The working group has been created at the beginning of this month to allow for enough time for product management to get feedback and enough time to develop that in the product. (Prime 9 wouldn't be enough time.)

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:DJNewman)

I'm of two minds when reading this. On the one hand, PTC appears, indeed, to be listening to customers. On the other hand I'm dreading a belated, hastily implemented PTC version of what was possible with Mathcad 15; see combo box, chart component or converter.

Out of curiosity, I did a Pareto of the Mathcad ideas/requests. On top came the "implement everything Mathcad 15 can do". It is beyond me, why PTC does not realize that.

Raiko

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:Raiko)

Out of curiosity, I did a Pareto of the Mathcad ideas/requests. On top came the "implement everything Mathcad 15 can do". It is beyond me, why PTC does not realize that.

PTC management has what they wanted--a neat little calculator that they can hang off the company modelling software.  (Note how fast that got implemented!)  They either didn't realize or don't care that there was a substantial (but now diminishing) number of users of Mathcad by itself.  At some level in PTC that is still (and, IMHO, will always be) true.  I feel sorry for the poor souls at PTC who are still trying to bring Prime forward--fighting budgets and apathy.

Only way is to push this request up on the wishlist ladder by voting for suggestions; see here Conditional formatting of outputs - PTC Community

Raiko

Top Tags