cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Error "Conversion Failed.

Haydena
13-Aquamarine

Error "Conversion Failed.

I want to open the file with Mathcad Prime 5.0, but it doesn't work and failed.

And I found the web page to solved my problem.

It's still failed, how do I suppose to do?

The file was created by Mathcad 15 M045.

Please~

Thank you so much!!!

螢幕擷取畫面 2021-01-08 174851.jpg

Error "Conversion Failed. Conversion cannot be started because a previous version of Mathcad is running. Close the other version before converting the file" in Mathcad Prime 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Haydena)

24 REPLIES 24

You can't open a Mathcad 15 file in Prime directly, you have to convert the file first and then open the converted file (*.mcdx).

The link you provided indicates, that you know that, correct? And may I guess that you experience problems at the attempt to convert the file. Did you try the resolution tips given in the article you linked to? The converter needs a current version of Mathcad 15 being installed and licensed. The license for Prime also entitles you to use real Mathcad(15) using the very same license file.

Haydena
13-Aquamarine
(To:Werner_E)

Dear Werner

I've done all I can. 

It's not worked. 

😣

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You can attach your MC15 worksheet here and we will convert it to the version you need.

Hello, can you convert this to mcdx please. And if you know, how can i change the background of it?

Haydena
13-Aquamarine
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you so much!

It's really helpful!!

Could you help me convert it to prime 5, please?

😊

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Here it is.

Haydena
13-Aquamarine

It's awesome!!!

Thank you so much,  VladimirN.

Could you teach me how you did it?

I'm so confused about why I can't do that.

😫

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

1. Install Mathcad 15https://www.ptc.com/-/media/Files/Docs/Mathcad/Mathcad15-EN.zip

2. Use the same license file as for Mathcad Prime 5 version.

3. Launch "PTC Mathcad Prime 5.0 XMCD, MCD Converter":

• Launch Mathcad Prime > select Input/Output tab > XMCD, MCD Converter
  • From Start Menu > All Programs > Mathcad > Mathcad Prime XMCD, MCD Converter
Haydena
13-Aquamarine

Dear V

I tried again following your steps but it still failed.

Could you help me check which step is wrong in your spare time?

This link is which I recorded the installation of Mathcad.

Thanks a lot!

😔

fail_install_mathcad 

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Try re-registering Mathcad. In your Mathcad 15 folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15, double-click on "mcregister.exe": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs330572

Haydena
13-Aquamarine

Thank you, V.

This Статья (article) is really really really helpful, although it's still failed.

😘

Haydena
13-Aquamarine

Good morning, V

I have tried it, but it didn't work.

Appreciate that you help me in many ways.

I may wait for PTC's RD report.😊

jstone-2
5-Regular Member

I am having a similar issue. I have Mathcad 15 installed and licensed, and I'm trying to convert a worksheet using Prime 7.0 converter.  The error says it cannot start the converter - check if .net 3.5 is enabled, which it is.

I really don't see how uploading a worksheet for someone else to convert is an accepted solution.  I can't share my file.

Verify that .Net Framework 3.5 Windows feature is enabled:

• Open Control panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off,
  • Ensure all the checkboxes are checked as below.

Pic.png

jstone-2
5-Regular Member

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jstone-2)

If you have Prime 7 (or later) , you do  NOT need Mathcad 15 (anymore) to convert a worksheet.

Make sure that when installing Prime, you tick the option to install the converter (because it's not automatically ticked, and then after installation the option on the ribbon is greyed).

Considering you've got Prime 7 already installed, rerun the installation and additionally install the converter. That should fix your problem.

Success!
Luc

jstone-2
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

I have reinstalled Mathcad Prime 7.0 and the converter is still giving the same error.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jstone-2)

I guess it's time for PTC tech support...

Success!
Luc

well, in my case, the converter also failed to convert an file created by earlier version without any additional explanation other than, conversion failed/aborted. anyone experience this before?

Can you guys advise what might be the issue with the attachment file?

I was able to convert your file with Prime 9 as well as with Prime 6 without any problems. I attach the two converted files.

The position of most graphics in the files are wrong - the pictures show up way after the position where they actually belong, but thats already the case when the sheet is opened in Mathcad 15.

Thanks a lot, Werner_E!

I have no problem opening the file you shared. Really confused why I am not able to convert it using Prime 9 converter from my side.

JS_10612629_0-1680310017069.png

Strange, indeed.

You sure have write permissions where the file is stored!?

Maybe a re-install or  contacting PTC support can help

Top Tags