cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Evaluation symbol (or Evaluated at symbol) - veritcal bar with variables set to a value.

DS_10024912
12-Amethyst

Evaluation symbol (or Evaluated at symbol) - veritcal bar with variables set to a value.

Can PTC MathCAD create the symbol that I've highlighted in the attached photo?  (the vertical bar with the variable set to some specific value)

math_equation_evaluated_at.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:DS_10024912)

Mathcad Prime can't show =x^2 but -> x^2.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@DS_10024912 wrote:

Can PTC MathCAD create the symbol that I've highlighted in the attached photo?  (the vertical bar with the variable set to some specific value)

math_equation_evaluated_at.png

You can create the effect, but the display will look much different:

Werner_E_0-1648241260322.png

I can't find that evaluation bar in Mathcad 15 or Prime 6, but I found this in Mapple.

evaluation.png

@mvenich wrote:

I can't find that evaluation bar in Mathcad 15 or Prime 6

Why should you? It doesn't exist 😉

For pure numeric evaluation as you had shown it would look like this in Prime

Werner_E_0-1648255237851.png

or again using symbolic evaluation

Werner_E_1-1648255272298.png

And yes, you can combine program and symbolic eval, but it will never look as demanded in Prime

Werner_E_2-1648255469526.png

And you always can define functions and evaluate them symbolically and/or numerically

Werner_E_0-1648256231736.pngWerner_E_1-1648256280316.png

but the familiar vertical bar as shown in the screenshot of the initial posting can't be achieved using Prime.

I liked the old MathCAD better - too bad it was killed. 

@DS_10024912 wrote:

I liked the old MathCAD better - too bad it was killed. 

I sure second that, but what has it to do with your question? The display you showed and wanted to replicate could not be done in real Mathcad, either!

The ways I had shown would look similar in Mathcad 15 and below, too. Only difference is that you can hide the keywords in a symbolic evaluation and can replace the arrow for a normal equal (=).

I think I'm found of earlier version of MathCAD because I've created many MathCAD documents during the last 25 years.  

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:DS_10024912)

Mathcad Prime can't show =x^2 but -> x^2.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Top Tags