cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Expanding equations in Solve block turns values to 0

ptc-4441773
1-Newbie

Expanding equations in Solve block turns values to 0

I have (6) equations with (6) unknowns that I have in a solve block. In addition to showing the equations I am using, I have to show the equation with the known values shown

For example, the fourth equation is:

(V.S2) = (I.2) * (Z.L2)

I have put the variables in parenthesis to indicate the entire name for the purpose of the discussion.

The variables (V.S2) and (Z.L2) are already pre-defined. I would like to show the same equation next to the first euqation with the values of (V.S2) and (Z.L2) shown. When I try using the "simplify" or "expand" or "-->" next to the equation, the values in my results change to 0.

I have attached the Mathcad file. Going into the solve block and trying to expand the equation will cause the values in my results to change to zero. Can someone please provide some guidance? Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Sorry, the symbol math of Mathcad does not know units - ohm, V, deg.

See the attach

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Valery nothing attached.

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4441773)

As Valery indicated the symbolic engine doesn't deal with units, see the attached is of help.

Mike

Sorry - see the attach

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Again Valery, nothing is being attached.

Mike

1. Now in Mathcad Prime we can have in one vector volt and ampere

2. It is a system of LINEAR Equations and we can use the lsolve function

@ Mike: If the variables did not have units, could I use the symbolic engine to expand on the equations?

@ Valery: In Mathcad Prime, would the Isolve function allow me to work with units and expand the equations?

Thanks in advance.

@ Mike: If the variables did not have units, could I use the symbolic engine to expand on the equations?

You can tell to symbolic Math of Mathcad that V =A*ohm

VIR.png

@ Valery: In Mathcad Prime, would the Isolve function allow me to work with units and expand the equations?

Thanks in advance.

The Isolve function of regular Mathcad allow you to work with units of one dimentions.

The Isolve function of Mathcad Prime allow you to work with units of different dimentions.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4441773)

Do you mean this?

simplify.png

Because if this is what you mean, I don't see the 0's.

May be so:

VIR2.png

This is one of the few tasks where Mathcad Prime has a distinct advantage over traditional Mathcad: the solving by the help of the lsolve function or by the help of the operator A^(-1)*v a system of linear equation A*x=v where arrays A, v and x have elements with different dimensions - Potential and Current!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

This is one of the few tasks where Mathcad Prime has a distinct advantage over traditional Mathcad: the solving by the help of the lsolve function or by the help of the operator A^(-1)*v a system of linear equation A*x=v where arrays A, v and x have elements with different dimensions - Potential and Current!

Massive, massive improvement IMO.

Mike

Top Tags