cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Finding Angle from the Double Angle Identity- Mathcad 9

MW_10727886
6-Contributor

Finding Angle from the Double Angle Identity- Mathcad 9

I am trying to find the angle from the equation pasted below. In Matlab, I got the angle and it is about 104 degrees but I cant solve it in Mathcad.  I have attached the Mathcad 9 sheet.

Best,
Waqas

MW_10727886_0-1692083718242.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MW_10727886 wrote:

I am trying to find the angle from the equation pasted below. In Matlab, I got the angle and it is about 104 degrees but I cant solve it in Mathcad.  I have attached the Mathcad 9 sheet.

Best,
Waqas

If you really mean MatLab then you are in the wrong forum 🙂

To make - what you show in the picture - an equation, you would have to provide a value for Im(A) first.

Furthermore you would have to define R.E. You defined R.E21, L.1 and L.2 but never used those variables.

Additionally you sure should add the proper units - after all you are using Mathcad and not MatLab 😉

You may consider your excessive usage of symbolic evaluations - they are not necessary to most part.

And if you use  solve block with "find" or the root() function (see attached file) you can avoid symbolic calculations altogether.

Here is attached a possible approach where I assumed R.E = R.E2 and Im(A)=175 Ohm (so that we get near the 104°).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:MW_10727886)

What is 

image.png

MW_10727886
6-Contributor
(To:ttokoro)

It is the angle

Using symbolics to develop formulas is good practice.  Solving for values is more a numeric practice, and Mathcad was always a numeric program.

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1692100181813.png

@MW_10727886 wrote:

Best,
Waqas

If you really mean MatLab then you are in the wrong forum 🙂

To make - what you show in the picture - an equation, you would have to provide a value for Im(A) first.

Furthermore you would have to define R.E. You defined R.E21, L.1 and L.2 but never used those variables.

Additionally you sure should add the proper units - after all you are using Mathcad and not MatLab 😉

You may consider your excessive usage of symbolic evaluations - they are not necessary to most part.

And if you use  solve block with "find" or the root() function (see attached file) you can avoid symbolic calculations altogether.

Here is attached a possible approach where I assumed R.E = R.E2 and Im(A)=175 Ohm (so that we get near the 104°).

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:MW_10727886)

Usually, impedance of electric circuit has an angle from -90 to 90 degree. Assuming Im(Z1)=175.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Top Tags