cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Formatting

GZ_7443631
1-Newbie

Formatting

1) I've been working with Mathcad 6 Plus for many years. And it doesn't seem to me that the conversion gives the same result in terms of format. Do you have a comparison table or something similar to facilitate exact file conversion ? (With Prime8 )

2) Can a spreadsheet be saved in a format locked to the user except for input variables without the user needing to own the Mathcad Prime program? 

Thank you for the time being.

Translated with DeepL by Emily on Apr. 25th, 2022.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Formattazione

1) Ho lavorato per molti anni con Mathcad 6 Plus; e non mi pare che la conversione dia lo stesso risultato in termini di formato. Avete una tabella di confronto o qualcosa di simile per facilitare la conversione esatta dei file ? (Con Prime8) 
2) Si può salvare un foglio di calcolo in un formato bloccato per l'utente tranne che per le variabili di input senza che l'utente abbia la necessità di possedere il programma Mathcad Prime ? 
Per il momento grazie.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

You can find in attachment - "Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime 8 Comparison Chart".

@GZ_7443631 wrote:

1) I've been working with Mathcad 6 Plus for many years. And it doesn't seem to me that the conversion gives the same result in terms of format. Do you have a comparison table or something similar to facilitate exact file conversion ? (With Prime8 )

When you convert legacy Mathcad files to Prime format, the format, especially that of plots and page breaks, quite often changes. I guess there is nothing you can do against other than manually reformat the converted sheet.
Converted sheets most of the times require some tedious manual rework. If the converted sheet then runs as expected, you can consider yourself lucky because ever so often a converted sheet won't run at all because Prime is still less capable and is missing features available in MC15 and below.

2) Can a spreadsheet be saved in a format locked to the user except for input variables without the user needing to own the Mathcad Prime program? 

Unfortunately - no!  It sure would be nice to be able to turn a Prime sheet into a self-contained executable, but a feature like this is not available yet. To access Prime sheets the user must have Prime installed. The user may install Prime for free in trial mode and after the trial period of about 30 days it turns into a limited Prime Express version that will still open any Prime sheet and display it (it will show the results of the last calculation before the sheet was saved). But if the sheet uses so called "premium functions", the user will not be able to recalculate the sheet. So he would not be able to calculate your sheet with different input data, as you obviously have in mind.

If your sheet uses only basic functions available in Prime Express, too, the user would be able to use your sheet, but you have to keep in mind that the license for the free Express version would only allow non-commercial use!

Top Tags