cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

French Forum

mzeftel
1-Newbie

French Forum

I added the French forum, because some French users requested it. Please only write in French there. I'm going to move these posts tomorrow, so that we can keep this one forum in French.

And I disabled the spellchecker for this forum, since it's an English only spellchecker, unlike the spellchecker in Mathcad, which comes in various languages.

Thanks,

Mona
6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mzeftel)

So we are forbidden to reply to a question unless we answer in French? Even if we know the answer? In my case, for example, my French might be good enough to understand the question, but there is zero chance I could reply in French. If the French users really would prefer no answer at all to one in English that's fine with me. Just as long as we know.

Richard

No, that's fine. I just wanted the first few messages to be in French. Some users were unhappy that when they came to the Collab, everything was in English. Can we continue this discussion under Other Subjects, where I'm going to move it.

What I hope is that when you post a reply in English, that someone else will translate it.

If requested, I'll add other language forums as well.

Mona
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mzeftel)

On 5/21/2008 4:52:15 PM, MonaZ wrote:
>No, that's fine. I just wanted
>the first few messages to be
>in French. Some users were
>unhappy that when they came to
>the Collab, everything was in
>English.

Well, mostly it is, yes. Although I've seen posts in quite a number of languages, including French, German, Danish, Russian, to name a few. There's no rule against it, and I have never seen anyone object. I think most people post in English because they are much more likely to get an answer that way.

Richard
SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:RichardJ)

yep I do answer from time to time in Danish when I am certain that people will understand. Actually I know that some has picked up some Danish this way.
But on the other hand people from France tend to be less relaxed compared to Danes when it comes to language.

Steen Gro�e
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

On 5/21/2008 4:46:22 PM, rijackson wrote:
== So we are forbidden to reply to a question unless we answer in French?

I think if you answer in English but use captial letters, you should be alright. Shouting at foreigners is a perfectly acceptable way of transcending the language barrier.

Stuart

"THREE BEERS" makes perfect sense in any bar in the world (Hai! Mitsu biru) whereas 'three beers' might be misunderstood (sumimasen?).

On 5/21/2008 7:52:09 PM, stuartafbruff wrote:
>
>"THREE BEERS" makes perfect sense in any
>bar in the world (Hai! Mitsu biru)
>whereas 'three beers' might be
>misunderstood (sumimasen?).
>Stuart

Oh ! I know a good triangle ,

I told my friend that I wanted hunting gorilla,
F: easy, we need a net, a dog and a gun.
Then he explained: I climb up the tree, the gorilla drops down, the dog catches the gorilla by the balls, you throw the net over the gorilla.

Then, what about the gun ?

Answer: if I fall off the tree, then shoot the dog !

Jean
Announcements
Check out the latest
Mathcad Tip
"PTC Mathcad 15 / Prime 1-6 Update."