cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

From separat operators to programs

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

From separat operators to programs

I am building a program from separate debugged statements. Now I have to do it like this - enter a variable, the operator <- and expression separately.
It would be very nice if this could be done with one copy with automatic replacement of operator := by operator <-.

Copy.png

1 REPLY 1

Yes, I agree. It would be convenient if, when you copy an assignment into a program, it automatically became a local assignment. But, alas, don't forget we are talking about Prime!

You can create a new "idea" in the appropriate section of the forum (I guess it still exists, doesn't it?) and wait for it to be implemented by the "developers". I'm just afraid that neither of us will live long enough to see it implemented. In general, copy & paste is pretty sick and incorrectly implemented in Prime. Often, for example, a function name cannot be copied into an expression and has to be laboriously retyped, and also the values from variables and matrices cannot be just copied as text and pasted into other programs as easily as is effortlessly possible in real Mathcad. After all it is just Prime and not a progressively developed software 😞

Top Tags