cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Functions tab

lspiegel
1-Newbie

Functions tab

Hello:  I find it odd that Bessel functions and other complex topics are on the Functions Tab, but Trig functions aren't.  You have to click around to get to sin().  I looked in the help section, but I cannot find how to modify what I would term the "Toolbars". 

Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks

LS

9 REPLIES 9

I cannot find how to modify what I would term the "Toolbars". 

That's because you can't - the feature of user modifiable toolbars is simply not implemented.

WE

Thanks Werner,

Do you know if they have an "enhancement request" form?  I would think Trig functions and Log,exp functions would be used much more than Bessel functions.  I imagine a lot of people would prefer having them handy.

LS

Larry Spiegel wrote:

Thanks Werner,

Do you know if they have an "enhancement request" form?

Compared to Mathcad 15 and below, Prime has so many severe drawbacks, flaws and missing features - that request list would be (and in fact IS) literally endless. This forum is full of complaints about Prime.

PTC seems not to be really interested in enhancement suggestions - they are not even interested in bug reports. You have to pay for the privilege to report a bug you have found or open a so called "product idea". If you are paying your maintenance fee (and its really not much you get for it) you are entitled to submit bug reports to PTC support and to open product ideas (which many people think is a placebo without any effect) here in this forum.  Thats customer care the PTC way.

BTW, I'd rather type in the trig function names via keyboard than to pick 'em from the menu as this would be much more time consuming, switching from kbd to mouse and back again. I guess I never picked a function from that menu, but on the other side, I just use Prime out of curiosity - for my work I still use Mathcad 15 (as long as possible). But preferences are different.

WE

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

Larry Spiegel wrote:

Thanks Werner,

Do you know if they have an "enhancement request" form?

Compared to Mathcad 15 and below, Prime has so many severe drawbacks, flaws and missing features - that request list would be (and in fact IS) literally endless. This forum is full of complaints about Prime.

PTC seems not to be really interested in enhancement suggestions - they are not even interested in bug reports. You have to pay for the privilege to report a bug you have found or open a so called "product idea". If you are paying your maintenance fee (and its really not much you get for it) you are entitled to submit bug reports to PTC support and to open product ideas (which many people think is a placebo without any effect) here in this forum.  Thats customer care the PTC way.

WE

I thought the following link might be of interest you, Werner ....

http://productoftheyearusa.com/press/now-open-for-2016-entries/

Guess you already voted!?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Werner Exinger wrote:

Guess you already voted!?

Not yet.  I'm still open to bribes persuasion ...

Stuart

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Werner Exinger wrote:

I cannot find how to modify what I would term the "Toolbars".

That's because you can't - the feature of user modifiable toolbars is simply not implemented.

WE

But you can add *some* items to the Quick Access toolbar ...

I've got the plots and one or two other things up there (you should just be able to make them out to the right of the Save and Undo/Redo buttons).   Unfortunately, there are lot of things (such as functions) that you can't add (or, at least, I haven't found how to add them).

Stuart

But you can add *some* items to the Quick Access toolbar ...

I see. At least a first step. Never used that - obviously I am using Prime too little (not that I would consider this a failure, though). I also missed Ctrl-J until you reported here.

Werner

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:lspiegel)

If you click on "All functions" you get a scrollable panel on the left that includes all the available trig functions.

Top Tags