cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Heat capacity unit error - ODE function

TN_9676358
6-Contributor

Heat capacity unit error - ODE function

Hello everyone,

This is my first time ever using MathCAD. I have no ideas but watching some video help me to create this sheet. I got the error unit of Cp (heat capacity) = BTU/lb*F. MathCAD error is value should be scalar or matrix.

I also set up the ODE function. Would you please help me to take a look this and guide me where I was wrong?

Thank you so much for your help. I attached the file in this post

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As Valery pointed out you used F (Farad) instead of °F (Degree Fahrenheit).

Furthermore you have to be aware, the working with temperatures can be quite tricky! Prime converts all temperature values to K (Kelvin) and does the calculations in K. Because the conversion between K and °F is not homogenous (its not a simple factor) this quickly can create confusion and this is the reason why Prime offers °F AND Delta°F. Look at the picture below.

Werner_E_0-1602938062194.png

Another error in your sheet is that in the solve block you wrote the IC in two separate regions (one with "T(0 min)" and the other with "..=120°F".

Hope the attached sheet helps. Instead of "Delta°F" you may also use "R" (Rankine) as Valery had suggested.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Farada.png

Thank you so much! I really appreciated your help. Thank you so much again

As Valery pointed out you used F (Farad) instead of °F (Degree Fahrenheit).

Furthermore you have to be aware, the working with temperatures can be quite tricky! Prime converts all temperature values to K (Kelvin) and does the calculations in K. Because the conversion between K and °F is not homogenous (its not a simple factor) this quickly can create confusion and this is the reason why Prime offers °F AND Delta°F. Look at the picture below.

Werner_E_0-1602938062194.png

Another error in your sheet is that in the solve block you wrote the IC in two separate regions (one with "T(0 min)" and the other with "..=120°F".

Hope the attached sheet helps. Instead of "Delta°F" you may also use "R" (Rankine) as Valery had suggested.

TN_9676358
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you so much for the attached file. I have better ideas. Have a good day!

Top Tags