cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Help regarding exporting the data to excel file

ssam-2
1-Newbie

Help regarding exporting the data to excel file

Hello,

Can someone please help me with an issue, in the attached file, i would like to write the complete range of data outputs Re(Zpq(f)) and Im(Zpq(f) to an excel file, in column A and B. How can i achieve it?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ssam-2)

Look up the help info on excel component, starting with "To Insert an Excel Component" and follow the steps. Make sure your installation complies with the requirements.

Unfortunately I cannot help you step by step, because I'm limited to Prime Express.

Presently your list of complex values is a range, rather than a vector.

You may need to convert that to a vector by doing, e.g.

See also the attchment.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Look up the help info on excel component, starting with "To Insert an Excel Component" and follow the steps. Make sure your installation complies with the requirements.

Unfortunately I cannot help you step by step, because I'm limited to Prime Express.

Presently your list of complex values is a range, rather than a vector.

You may need to convert that to a vector by doing, e.g.

See also the attchment.

Success!
Luc

Thank you very much. I was able to acheive the task.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

If it works like Prime 3.0, Then

• From the Input/output Ribbon, Insert an EXCEL component.  The component has three regions, input (at the top), a window into the spreadsheet, and an output below.  Put your cursor in the input section and "insert input expression" (from the ribbon again.)  Define what you want and where in the sheet it should go.
  • Double-click on the sheet display, the entire sheet will open in EXCEL with your values displayed.
  • Save your sheet from EXCEL with the name/location of your choice.

Thank you very much for the guideline.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Next video tutorial "Using the Excel Component" will be useful for you: Tutorial: Using the Excel Component

Thank you for the link, it was really helpful.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You're welcome.

Top Tags