cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Help with List Box persistance Script

NedMoran
2-Guest

Help with List Box persistance Script

Hi all,

To start with I am not sure if I am posting under the right catagories, but here goes.

I am having trouble making my List Box selection persist when I re-open my Mathcad file. The List Box data is initially loaded from a text file and a selection is made from the list. It seems to be doing the right things when I make the initial selection and appears correctly in the Worksheet Properties Custom Tab, I then save the file and re-open it, but the initial selection doesn't re-appear!!!! I have been trying to use the various threads previously posted over the last year or so and they have been very helpful so far, but as hard as I try, I just can't get the final bit cracked.

I should add that I am not that familiar with VBS, I tend to use bits of script from elsewhere and modify to suit, quite often by trial and error.

I have attached my offending files and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ned

2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:NedMoran)

There is a listbox here: Saving the state of controls.zip that does what you want with only a very minor modification.

If you are saving the state of the control in the metadata you cannot save the file in .mcd format. It does not support metadata. Use only .xmcd or .xmcdz.

Thanks very much Richard, this is exactly what I want, I was struggling a bit here. I will also study your `Saving the state of controls.zip` when I get a few minutes.

We are actually using Mathcad 15 here at work, I saved the file as Mathcad 11 not knowing which version was best for this forum and not realising that metedata wouldn't save in this version.

Thank you for your time once again.

Ned

Top Tags