cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How do I create a contour plot from tabulated data Mathcad Prime 4?

jbiggers
1-Newbie

How do I create a contour plot from tabulated data Mathcad Prime 4?

How do I generate a color-coded contour plot with three columns of tabulated data in Mathcad Prime 4? I've seen articles on how to plot a z-axis with the x- and y-axes defined as functions, but I don't want to do that. I want to take my measured and tabulated x, y, and z data and put it in a contour plot. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to do a 3D scatter plot

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contourplot means that you have a surface, but your list just represents a bunch of single, not connected points. To represent a surface we would need a mesh structure, need the information which points should be connected, which points form a facette of the surface.

While Prime sure is not the right tool for 3D or contourplots, you may try to fit a surface to your points an use this for a contour plot.

You should be able to do a 3D scatter plot

Thanks, gentlemen. It was the "augment" function I was missing. Basically, I just defined the z-axis as 

:= "augment("x-axis column label", "y-axis column label", "z-axis column label")

aaaaand BOOM. Pretty contour plot. Problem solved.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jbiggers)

"Problem solved."

then

Mark it as such...?

(and give Fred the credits.)

Top Tags