cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

dkothia
1-Newbie

How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

The file is from Mathsoft MathCad, but I want to run it in the new PTC MathCad what is the solution please answer ASAP. And are the two software same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Beu)

193 REPLIES 193

You need to have on tour computer Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime and use the converter in Input menu of Prime.

Or you can send here your xmcd file and we convert it into mcdx.

Can someone please help me convert these files, from XMCD to MCDX? I only have Mathcad 3.1. 

Thank you!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Stephanie)

Download and install Mathcad 15 from the link above. Your Prime license will work for it as well. Then you can convert as many files as you want.

@RichardJ wrote:

Download and install Mathcad 15 from the link above. Your Prime license will work for it as well. Then you can convert as many files as you want.

I can help you after your answer on this "help"!

Real help - download your sheets and convert into Prime! Падлой буду!

Please find converted worksheets for Mathcad Prime 3.1 in attachment.

Hello. Can someone help me to convert this file to MCDX, please? Thank you very much !

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Beu)

Here it is.

Can you please convert this file to .mctx/.mcdx?

Thanking You

Here you are, you will have to reformat the file. It was necessary to open all collapsed regions for the converter to be able to do its job. Don't forget to recalculate (Ctrl-F9 or F5) after opening the sheet.

About converting problems see the xml file. Main drawback may be that Prime does not support a secondary y-axis. Ultimately, Prime is the newer, but also the inferior and less capable version.

The error about some undefined variables is due to the original MC15 sheet, though.

I attach a pdf print of the original Mathcad file with all regions open, so you are able to compare.

(attachments removed at original poster's request once they were retrieved)

Thanks a lot for the help.

Hello, could you convert this file please?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:HS_10312268)

Here you go.

Success!
Luc

You can find it in attachment.

Hi Valery, can you convert this file for me?

Big thanks!

Please find in attachment converted worksheet for Mathcad Prime 3.1 version.

Thanks guys!

Prime 4 in Attach

Nice weekend!

Hi!

I have a .xmcd file that I need to convert to a .mcdx file. I'm having trouble installing MathCad 15 on my computer but I have a MathCad Prime 4.0. Enyone willing to help with the conversion?

Rein

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV
(To:rein)

See please the attach!

Works like a charm! Thank you!

Rein

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV
(To:rein)

Sorry!

But the Find(x) - > not work in Prime! Try press Recalculate Button!

In Prime only Find(x) = (numeric not symbolic)/

We must use the solve operator!

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

We must use the solve operator!

No, not necessarily.

It doesn't look like symbolic evaluation is really needed here. So we can still use the solve block. As you wrote we can not evaluate a solve block symbolically (its a shame!), so we simply have to provide guess values for the solved for variables.

Its also a good idea to assign the result to variables so you can use them later if needed.

See attached.

EDIT: THATS RIDICULOUS! EVEN WHEN ATTACHING A ZIP-FILE I GET THE ERROR  MESSAGE THAT THE FILETYPE DOES NOT MATCH THE CONTENT!!

REASON COULD BE EITHER AN ADDITIONAL DOT IN THE FILE NAME OR A SPACE IN THE FILENAME. AFTER RENAMING THE FILE IT WORKED.

IS THIS FORUM SOFTWARE NOT AWARE THAT WE ALREADY HAVE 2018 AND NOT 1980?

Yes? we can use the solve operator or the Find()= function but not Find()->

T.png

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

Yes? we can use the solve operator or the Find()= function but not Find()->

Correct and that's exactly what I wrote above! We must not use the symbolic solve command, we can still use the solve block if we evaluate it numerically and provide guesses. And as far as I see in that sheet, symbolic evaluation is not really necessary at all (while admittedly its convenient here, as we don't need guesses).

And let me also repeat that I think its a shame that PTC killed so many valuable features,  like being able to evaluate a solve block symbolically. But, alas, we already know for quite a long time the Prime is a dead end - sad story.

I have worked a little with my hands not with my mind and... we can use a vector T.

But we can work with minds too and think about a... finite elements method with a programming this task and solving it more elagnt...

T-vector.png

... and second!

We can use units in this task - T - temperature etc

Using a vector T sure is more elegant but I'd be to lazy to rewrite that sheet 😉

You sure have noticed, that the results you show differ from the original ones.

@Werner_E wrote:

You sure have noticed, that the results you show differ from the original ones.

Ziel nichts bewegen alle!

Hello, it there any chance these files could be converted from XMCD files to mcdx files?

Many thanks

Top Tags