cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to incorporate eBook functions into a Mathcad 14 program?

johnwmreed
4-Participant

How to incorporate eBook functions into a Mathcad 14 program?

I bought Mathcad 14 over 10 years ago and haven't really used it yet. I have many E books listed in the help dropdown.

How do I move a function from a handbook directly into a Mathcad 14 program (project?), so I can use it there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:johnwmreed)

The Spline2 function is part of the Data Analysis Extension Pack (DAEP). You have to install that extension pack (once on your machine). If it is already installed on your pc, the function should be readily available in Mathcad, nothing else to do but use it.

To check if it exists, you could type

Spline2(1)=

If you get an error message about the number of parameters, then the function is defined, and you can use it.

Alternative is that you get an error message stating that the function is undefined, in that case it is...

Note that the function name (as defined in the DAEP) starts with a capital S.... The function spline2 is undefined.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can copy any of the content (math or text, etc.) from an E-book into your own Mathcad worksheet. An E-book is just a collection of Mathcad files/pages.

Hope this helps!

If you want to use the function spline2 from the Data Analysis Extension Pack E book, what exactly do you copy from the E book to your Mathcad worksheet, so that the function now works in the worksheet?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:johnwmreed)

The Spline2 function is part of the Data Analysis Extension Pack (DAEP). You have to install that extension pack (once on your machine). If it is already installed on your pc, the function should be readily available in Mathcad, nothing else to do but use it.

To check if it exists, you could type

Spline2(1)=

If you get an error message about the number of parameters, then the function is defined, and you can use it.

Alternative is that you get an error message stating that the function is undefined, in that case it is...

Note that the function name (as defined in the DAEP) starts with a capital S.... The function spline2 is undefined.

Success!
Luc

johnwmreed
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Yep!  I was using spline2.  Using Spline2 works fine.  

I am a little rusty.

Thanks again Luc for your help.

Top Tags