cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Implicit Equations with Multiple Variables

SM_10343656
2-Guest

Implicit Equations with Multiple Variables

Hi Everyone, 

In my MATHCAD Solveblock, I have four implicit equations, with four independent variables, whereby I need to find a solution to those variables. 

The four independent variables are as follows: 

1. Angle, β 

2. Angle, Φ

3. Length, a 

4, Length,

In addition to that I have a couple of constraints for these values as well. 

The PROBLEM that I am facing currently is the fact that the 4 variables above do not converge to single final values, as it is highly dependent on the guess values that I initially enter into the SolveBlock. In other words, if I change any one of the guess values for any of the 4 variables, the final value for the variables are change drastically. 

I have attached my file in this post for review. Hoping someone could help me with this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:SM_10343656)

You should check the first two equations of the solve block.

LucMeekes_1-1659516110498.png

I've set them apart to investigate and found that most (guess) values I enter for the four variables result in the left and right hand segments of these equation being equal. This means that the first two equations do not help to control the result.

LucMeekes_0-1659516015284.png

Incidentally: You should be aware that the gravitation constant is a predefined value:

LucMeekes_2-1659516214878.png

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:SM_10343656)

You should check the first two equations of the solve block.

LucMeekes_1-1659516110498.png

I've set them apart to investigate and found that most (guess) values I enter for the four variables result in the left and right hand segments of these equation being equal. This means that the first two equations do not help to control the result.

LucMeekes_0-1659516015284.png

Incidentally: You should be aware that the gravitation constant is a predefined value:

LucMeekes_2-1659516214878.png

Success!
Luc

Thank you so much for that! I have a clear idea about it now. 

Top Tags