cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Import Excel info into Mathcad , and lookup values

SFares
12-Amethyst

Import Excel info into Mathcad , and lookup values

Hello,

I use mathcad 14. i am attaching a mathcad sheet and an excel sheet that i would like to import it as a table in mathcad to be able to look values for my variables. Based on the selected "Deck Type", it will go in the table which i would like to name"Deck" find the selected deck type, and then look up the proper value for each variable. i listed two variables, "application type" and Gage. Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:SFares)

The text "IntermediateStiffeners?" has a carriage return ()and/or a line feed; can't tell) in the middle. If you double click in the cell you wil see it split to two lines. The same is true in column 22, and other columns. You need to delete all those carriage returns.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You may either use the Excel component or, more transparent and straightforward, use READEXCEL().

You will have to delete the last lines (delete the lines, not just the cells) as Mathcad will choke on the #NV's in column G.

You use a web control to select the deck type and typed in 55 of the 323 posible types by hand, You may consider using a scripted component which reads all possible deck types from the Excel sheet and presents them for selection. There are some examples posted how to do if you search this forum.

is

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

When i try to use insert , Data, table, then i copy the cells A1:BQ324 in excel and paste table inside Mathcad, the headings are ok up to columns 19 then they wrap around inside mathcad to the next row. i am not sure what's causing this . i just need to copy the table inside excel once. i dont want any interaction between excel and mathcad. just the data. Thanks!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The text "IntermediateStiffeners?" has a carriage return ()and/or a line feed; can't tell) in the middle. If you double click in the cell you wil see it split to two lines. The same is true in column 22, and other columns. You need to delete all those carriage returns.

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:RichardJ)

Thanks a lot Richard!

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

Hello,

i have tried to modify a scripted object that was used to read wide flange beam sizes. This modification is to be able to read deck types in coulmn A from the attached excel. so far i have not been able to make it work. i named the object Deck_Type_Test. could you please check to see what is wrong with it?Thanks!

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I am not well versed in scripting in VB.

Here is a sheet which reads the Deck types in a Mathcad vector and can then be selected using a component from Richards collection here: http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1071

The drawback is that its awfully, so maybe someone still can bring your routine to life.

Top Tags