cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

In Mathcad Prime 3.1 with Windows10 when I press the key "^" to raise to power, appears to me the "if" instruction. Can someone help me?

aregoli
1-Newbie

In Mathcad Prime 3.1 with Windows10 when I press the key "^" to raise to power, appears to me the "if" instruction. Can someone help me?

In Mathcad Prime 3.1 with Windows10 when I press the key "^" to raise to power, appears to me  the "if"  instruction. Can someone help me? @

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:aregoli)

That's unusual.

Prime does not have keystrokes to enter programming constructs like in Mathcad 11 you could enter a     }    to get an if-statement; but according to Prime help you can enter      if      and then press CTRL-J to convert it to the if-statement with its placeholders.

Check that you keyboard setting in Windows is what it should be.

Change your keyboard layout setting in Windows to US-International and see if the problem persist.

Success!
Luc

> Prime does not have keystrokes to enter programming constructs like in Mathcad 11

Sure Prime has such shortcuts - maybe they are not documented. There is no manual for Prime anyway and the last manual for Mathcad which deserves that name was the one delivered with Mathcad 11.

If you are not stuck to Express you can learn about those shortcuts at least by the balloon tooltip help when you mouseover a command

But while overall handling got more laborious and cumbersome in Prime, the Ctrl-J feature in Prime really is a great improvement.

In Mathcad 15 and below the shortcuts never worked as they should for non-English keyboards and documentation ever so often was wrong. Especially I remember some threads in this forum where I learned that with Italian keyboard layout you are not even able to enter the "^" sign for raising to the power. The problems with foreign keyboard layout never was fixed in Mathcad and from what I can say (German layout) it got even worse with Prime. Finding the keyboard shortcuts is a matter of trial and error and some are not available at all (at least is seems so, e.g. creating a program structure). At least you can take one thing for sure - its not the short you see in the tooltip.

That bug with Italian keyboards and the "^" character should be well known to PTC but obviously there is no plan to fix it.

Re: Mathcad prime 1.0: bug with keyboard shortcuts with Italian keyboard.

Mathcad Prime 3 does not recognize the "^" key

Mathcad Prime 3.0 still has an italian-keyboard bug

Werner

Top Tags