cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Inline results display cont'd

ptc-1176891
1-Newbie

Inline results display cont'd

I have a variable definition that is dependent on previously-defined variables, and I am using the inline evaluation to show the result. When I change the previous variable name above, 1) the old name shows up as red (which I expect) and 2) the old result still shows up in the inline evaluation! I expect for there to be NO result shown. This is potentially dangerous since incorrect results are being displayed (an ongoing issue with the inline display feature).

As I have gone through correcting my equations, sometimes I find that when previous definitions are corrected, later assignments are NOT updated. See attached for one such example. y- was just corrected and displays correctly. In the region below the variable y- remains red and the expression does not calculate. In this particular case I still have old variable names in the lower expression, but only the "OK" variable shows up as red while the "NG" variables do not.

As much as I like the inline evaluation feature in principle, it's still quite buggy.

v14 M030

Thanks,
Preston
9 REPLIES 9

Preston,

Can you send the actual file rather than a screenshot, so the developers can see what is happening?

Thanks,

Mona

Mona,

The same is in Mathcad 14 M020 - see attached file.

Jerzy

Mona,

I saw, that after opening a file you can't see a problem - then now attached a screenshot.

Jerzy

On 4/8/2009 2:33:08 PM, JerzyCP wrote:
>Mona,
>
>I saw, that after opening a
>file you can't see a problem -
>then now attached a
>screenshot.
>
>Jerzy

Actually, oddly, M000, correctly shows the error.

TTFN,
Eden

If the variables and equations are corrected, then opening a file will not demonstrate the problem. It's only while one is working in the file, making changes, that the issue can be seen.

I'll try to put together a series of screenshots and "instructions" for showing the bug.

Thanks,
Preston

I see JerzyCP beat me to it. When the variable above is changed, the displayed result of the later expression should NOT continue to display the previous result! This issue persists in M030.

Thanks,
Preston

This is now logged.

Mona

I also have experienced this problem, and on a regular basis. My files can be quite long, and this is generally when the problem occurs. When a particular result does not update, I must either close and open the file again, or type the expression over again. I agree with the prior comment that it is very dangerous to use this feature at this time.

Has there been any progress on this?

Construct Mathcad 11 style.

jmG
Top Tags