cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Intended Users for Prime?

mfrench
12-Amethyst

Intended Users for Prime?

I'm still new to this discussion board. As I look through the threads, the question I keep coming back to is: who are the intended users for Prime?

Current MCAD15 users don't seem that enthused about Prime. Is PTC writing off some current users in the hopes of attracting a newer group with different skills?

1 REPLY 1

For myself:

I believe PTC bought Mathcad believing it could be easily made into super engineering calculator embedded into Creo (nee Solid Works.) To do that they had to rebuild the user interface, so they launched the "Prime initiative."

It turned out that

1) It was a bit larger job than they originally thought.

2) There was this pesky group of users of the old Mathcad that kept complaining about things that they used to be able to do and couldn't in the newer versions.

3) Somebody (in house) convinced them that adding a bunch of new features was a good idea. This diluted an already strained effort

The obvious delay in new releases and revisions has suggested (see other posts) that somebody is revisiting the cost/benefit study on this whole effort.

Top Tags