cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Is it possible to override "The forms of these values must match" error?

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

Is it possible to override "The forms of these values must match" error?

Hi, I know that MC15 doesn't like different units in one array and I know how to override this. But what to do in this case?

I`m reading excel file to MathCAD and I want to get units from it. The unit in one "unit cell" can be "mm" or "deg".I don`t want to add one more column for "mm" or for "deg".I want to use one cell for different purposes. Is this possible? 

Units matching problem.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as I am aware this is not possible, as a function value can't be of different dimensions depending on a condition.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

As far as I am aware this is not possible, as a function value can't be of different dimensions depending on a condition.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Mathcad 11 (or any other version since about 3 and before 12):

LM_20171018_Units.png

And Prime 4 (and I guess 1 to 3.1 as well):

LM_20171018_UnitsPrime.png

So, apart from the stupidous gm instead of g, (who would ever get it into his mind to define the earth gravitational acceleration as a UNIT named g,  where at best it's a physical constant !?!) it works in almost all versions of Mathcad and Prime.... but unfortunately not the one you're using.

Maybe a reason to start using Prime, although there may be a ton of reasons not to...

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Sorry, a correction is required here, it's even more weird:

LM_20171018_UnitsPrime.png

So I have to put the unit gm instead of g to get plain grams.

If I put the unit g, Prime confuses it with the Earth gravitational acceleration (green) constant g...?

Top Tags