cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is there a quick way to insert a variable into a equasion, which you already used before?(simulare to C). It is quite the effort with indices!

rwecken
1-Newbie

Is there a quick way to insert a variable into a equasion, which you already used before?(simulare to C). It is quite the effort with indices!

‌Is there a quick way to insert a variable into a equasion, which you already used before?(simulare to C). It is quite the effort with indices!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure what exactly you have in mind.

Do you think of Mathcad suggesting inputs when you begin typing?

Unfortunately thats not available in Mathcad but its a convenient feature available for a long time in SMath Studio (a free mathcad clone):

BTW, if that kind of feature is available when you code in C, then that's not a feature of the programming language C but rather a feature of the editor/IDE you use.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure I understand what you're asking!  But Mathcad is pretty powerful:

Can you give an example?

Not sure what exactly you have in mind.

Do you think of Mathcad suggesting inputs when you begin typing?

Unfortunately thats not available in Mathcad but its a convenient feature available for a long time in SMath Studio (a free mathcad clone):

BTW, if that kind of feature is available when you code in C, then that's not a feature of the programming language C but rather a feature of the editor/IDE you use.

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:rwecken)

You can of course copy and past the variable.  That's what I do.  There is no auto-suggest. 

Note, the pasting can be fussy.  You have to have a proper location for it to be pasted into.  For example, you may need to have a*b* *c=  spelled out if you want to pasted a value between b and c.  If there aren't operators (e.g. *)  it won't let you paste.  And sometimes I've found other areas where it won't paste (particularly functions) for no reason I can figure out. 

(Comments are for prime)

‌Thanks for all the answers! I appreciate your effort! 

Top Tags