cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Issues saving as PDF file in Prime 9.0

ED_9745095
1-Newbie

Issues saving as PDF file in Prime 9.0

Hello all,

Trying to figure out why certain pages come out blank when I print to pdf or try to save as pdf for the file linked below.   Shows up on the screen fine.   Same issue if I try saving as an xps file too.

Thanks in advance

Eduardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can't duplicate the problem you describe. When I open your sheet (I can't let it recalculate because of the missing Excel files) and save it as pdf, I get a pdf which looks quite OK. I attach it here.

But I remember that other user as well reported about problems with the built-in pdf export here in the forum and the workaround usually was to use a different pdf printer like AdobePDF, Microsoft Print to PDF, CutePDF or others. So you may give it a try with a third party pdf printer.

EDIT: Haven't seen the other replies when I started mine.
As you write that you used "Microsoft Print to PDF" I also tried and the resulting pdf was quite OK, too. is was a lot larger, So maybe the built-in pdf export does not include all fonts used - just a guess.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Two things are needed.

Can the Excel data file be uploaded or the Prime file is just a sea of red errors?

What PDF printer is in use there are a number of options that all print to pdf?

Cheers

Terry

Hello Terry,

Sorry about that.  I have attached the excel file which is used to read in input and to write out the output from the associated MathCAD file.  I had to resave as a macro free spreadsheet in order to upload.  I have also attached the corresponding pdf file which has a blank page 7 which I can't figure out why it doesn't print out correctly.   We are using "Microsoft Print to PDF" driver.

Thanks

Eduardo

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:ED_9745095)

Hi

Seems to save fine . Perhaps its a Page setting issue?  

ppal_0-1685914175052.png

I can't duplicate the problem you describe. When I open your sheet (I can't let it recalculate because of the missing Excel files) and save it as pdf, I get a pdf which looks quite OK. I attach it here.

But I remember that other user as well reported about problems with the built-in pdf export here in the forum and the workaround usually was to use a different pdf printer like AdobePDF, Microsoft Print to PDF, CutePDF or others. So you may give it a try with a third party pdf printer.

EDIT: Haven't seen the other replies when I started mine.
As you write that you used "Microsoft Print to PDF" I also tried and the resulting pdf was quite OK, too. is was a lot larger, So maybe the built-in pdf export does not include all fonts used - just a guess.

Thanks for checking on this.   Seems your pdf indicates it is an issue with the PDF driver.  Going to check with our IT department to see if they can provide a workaround for me.

Thank you all for taking the time to provide input.

Eduardo

Hi,

PDF995 Suite has a pdf printer that is free or very cheap to avoid a web browser add.  Used by over 20 million worldwide including industry big hitters.

Prints your file perfectly..  Recommend it to your IT department.

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags