cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Limit of sums Mathcad Prime

Cornel
18-Opal

Limit of sums Mathcad Prime

Hello,

CornelBejan_0-1675339133110.png
Is it possible to do such calculation in Mathcad Prime?

CornelBejan_1-1675339207409.png

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Cornel)

Try simplify. Mathcad 11 would give me:

LucMeekes_0-1675363377900.png

Success!
Luc

I tried with simplify, but I don't think it can work in Mathcad Prime because Mathcad Prime doesn't calculate the respective limit from the beginning, while Mathcad 11 calculates the limit from the beginning (you can look after the first one -> to see this thing).

CornelBejan_0-1675365866920.png

CornelBejan_2-1675365917371.png

This exercise was just to see if Mathcad Prime can calculate such things (it is not a critical exercise that further uses me for something, like other's calculations), but it seems that the Prime engine is getting confused with this kind of calculation.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Here is a comparison of the two symbolic engines available in Prime 6 - none compares to old Maple in MC11
So once again we see that   Maple > muPad > friCAS/Axiom
One could actually get the impression that the "development" of symbolic capabilities is going in the wrong direction ...

Werner_E_0-1675392416868.png

What do you do when at the company you work you have available only Mathcad Prime? Or you're constraint/restricted to do in Mathcad (Prime) calculations, although it is seen that there are many things that Mathcad (Prime) can not do...?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

What do you do when you need to cut a compartment board and drill two holes in it, and are only provided with a hammer and a screwdriver as tools?
a) You ask to be provided with better tools or you get them in another way.
b) You explain that you cannot do the task with these tools.
c) You try desperately to bring the board to the desired dimensions with a hammer and a screwdriver and to make the holes somehow. The result will probably not be satisfactory.
Is there still an option d) ?

EDIT:

d) Try to find out what the actual main goal is. Maybe it isn't necessary to resize the board and maybe its just convenient but not really necessary to drill the holes. Perhaps the real goal can be achieved entirely without sawing and drilling ....

Top Tags