cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Locate Extract matched sets

ptc-1368288
1-Newbie

Locate Extract matched sets

To complement some recent demand.

jmG
8 REPLIES 8
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1368288)

Well documented. I can see you have inserted the solutions to my problems in your worksheet

Regards

Mike

I have just been looking through your worksheet and tried using your 'Drop(V)' function, but it doesn't seem to be yielding the expected results.

See attached

Regards

Mike

On 1/30/2010 4:41:24 AM, m_armstrong wrote:
>I have just been looking
>through your worksheet and
>tried using your 'Drop(V)'
>function, but it doesn't seem
>to be yielding the expected
>results.
>
>See attached
>
>Regards
>
>Mike

Your M vector has no 0's to drop !

DelZero is an incomplete logical test, Drop(V) sets a threshold and this is sometimes useful especially if you have addressed result from the symbolic that you can't otherwise distinguish from the numerical display. I hate Tahoma, Arial for variable and numbers, sometimes for numbers I use Corrier ... Just a matter of personal vision and recognition. TNR is the font that consumes less of your eye Fourier reconstruct. It therefore ease understanding by reading, like book style.

You should never have the the display set for matrix. if you leave it "Automatic", you will know immediately if a result is a vector/array at the kernel level as a scalar or if it is a vector/array of a result ready for export. This is particularly important for user not yet familiar with the Mathcad structure.

Also, colored fonts demand more from the PC, though it does not look so as well as a full screen background of some picture.

jmG

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Cheers for the advice and response.

I thought the function would 'Drop Repeated Values' as stated in your worksheet in the collasped area near the bottom.

Regards

Mike

On 1/31/2010 3:11:36 AM, m_armstrong wrote:
>Cheers for the advice and
>response.
>
>I thought the function would
>'Drop Repeated Values' as
>stated in your worksheet in
>the collasped area near the
>bottom.
>
>Regards
>
>Mike

Nothing is so simple, Mike.

Look at the work "Airy circle" from last night. The matter is dropping all values but the selected range specified by the Bolean. A further cleaning is achieved by "Flooring" the data set. I will do a bit more work, refining the process after deroughing as it might be of interest to extract circles of any specified values. In other types of work, extracting for a single value might end up with no value at all, thus the Bolean extractor first ... Working with data, often result in the "triangle conjecture", it may create a hole. Instinct is not much mathematical and not for long.

jmG

On 1/31/2010 3:11:36 AM, m_armstrong wrote:
>Cheers for the advice and
>response.
>
>Regards
>
>Mike

Read the project note in the attached.
I still have one project where I couldn't extract and classify... and not by lack of patience and/or trying all possible avenues.

jmG

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Interesting.

Seems quite a complex project.

Regards

Mike

On 2/1/2010 3:16:45 AM, m_armstrong wrote:
>Interesting.
>
>Seems quite a complex project.
>
>Regards
>
>Mike

No objection for the next and last part of Venturi. An easy data set to extract as they are well paired. In another phase of Venturi, I have tried the Mathsoft digitizer but did no good, so this simpler one [from Valery] does neat and clean followed by a gorgeous fit. Projects are like screws, all look � alike but a �"[13] is not going to screw in a �"[20]. Getting the right bolt is same in Mathcad getting the right tool box, for the most visible and stand alone work sheet.

jmG
Top Tags