cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

MathCAD Prime 6.0 Line Plot Trace Thickness

ptc-4932387
4-Participant

MathCAD Prime 6.0 Line Plot Trace Thickness

I have a MathCAD model that reads raw data from a CSV file and plots it.  It was working fine but then when I read a new set of data the plot trace lines became very thin and the option to edit them is grayed out now.  Is this a bug or something?  I have between 54,000 and 250,000 points but it was working previously.  It just switched when I read a new data set.  Here is how it should look and does look with one dataset:

Dataset1.JPG

Then here is how it looks with a new data set, the trace thickness becomes very thin and the option to change it is grayed out...

DataSet2.JPG

This issue is occurring to multiple plots in the document, here is another example:

DataSet3.JPG

...and here it is with the new dataset:

DataSet4.JPG

I need to find a solution.  Please let me know if you know what this is.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is a limit of 49999 points per trace. If you exceed this limit, that specific trace is limited to tiny dots and no symbol, line style or width is selectable. It looks like Prime in this mode is only plotting the single dots and does not connect them by lines at all.
But this limit only affects that specific trace, the other traces which consist of less point behave as usual.

Werner_E_0-1646165035210.png

Another limit is 2 000 000 points. If one of the traces exceeds this number, the whole plot fails.

So I guess your options are to either thin out the data after you have read it in so you stay under 50000 point per trace or you will have to split the traces in mutliple part and plot them in the same color.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There is a limit of 49999 points per trace. If you exceed this limit, that specific trace is limited to tiny dots and no symbol, line style or width is selectable. It looks like Prime in this mode is only plotting the single dots and does not connect them by lines at all.
But this limit only affects that specific trace, the other traces which consist of less point behave as usual.

Werner_E_0-1646165035210.png

Another limit is 2 000 000 points. If one of the traces exceeds this number, the whole plot fails.

So I guess your options are to either thin out the data after you have read it in so you stay under 50000 point per trace or you will have to split the traces in mutliple part and plot them in the same color.

ptc-4932387
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you, this is rather disappointing.  I have used MathCAD for years but I am starting to get disappointed by all the constraints.  

Top Tags