cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Mathcad 15.0 compatibility with Windows 10

NBK
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Mathcad 15.0 compatibility with Windows 10

Dear Support team,

Is Mathcad 15.0 (M010 [MC15_M010_20110622]) compatible with Windows 10?

Thanking you in advance. 

12 REPLIES 12
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:NBK)

According to PTC, Mathcad 15 originally (F000) was not 'officially' compatible with windows 10. I think it should run just fine.

The present maintenance release (M050) is.

You should be able to download this latest maintenance relase from

https://www.ptc.com/-/media/Files/Docs/Mathcad/Mathcad15-EN.zip

Success!
Luc

NBK
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:LucMeekes)

Dear Luc,

Thank you for your reply. what i got from your answer is that we can use Mathcad 15 (M010) without any issue on Windows 10. Please confirm.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I can confirm from experience that M15 is not as seamless as when used on previous Windows versions. It tends to crash more and generally has more glitches.

Mike

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

NOTE: This is community not PTC support!

I know that PTC does not officially claim compatibility for Mathcad 15 F000 with Win 10. That's why one of the maintenance release, somewhere between F0000 and M050 was brought out: to make it compatible.

Bottom line: you are advised to update to M050. It might also solve some other issues.

Success!
Luc

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

Agreed and second this. Update and see if things improve.

Mike

Mike,

You have not been seen for a long time Smiley Wink.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hi VladimirN,

I am surprised anyone noticed. Have I missed much?

Mike
-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Sorry for the inconsistent answer .

Hi, unfortunately the link in your post goes nowhere on PTC.  I have a related question - I have an installation of Mathcad 15 that I have been using for years.  I recently replaced my desktop with new hardware and the license file no longer works.  PTC is notoriously difficult to reach if you don't have a support agreement with them.  Is there any way to fix the license problem without a support agreement?

Also, so you know of a new link for the M050 version of Mathcad 15?

Hi,

After December 31, 2021, PTC will only offer new subscriptions of Mathcad Prime 7.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-1970093)

I'm afraid you're just a few days (too) late.

Read here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Tips/Official-PTC-Mathcad-15-and-Prime-1-6-End-of-Sale-Announcement/td-p/715416

I hope the link that Vladimir provided still works, AND that you'll be able to transfer your license to the new machine.

Success!
Luc

No, all links have been removed. I just checked. 

P.S. There is only the following note, a quote: "For other available date-codes, please open a Support Case".

Top Tags