cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mathcad 15 and connection to an ODBC MS Access 2007 + database

DeanMoore
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 and connection to an ODBC MS Access 2007 + database

My company runs Windows 7 and  I have trouble with connecting to an ODBC Access 2007+ database in the new Access format *.accdb.  Has anyone else been experiencing the same problem.  Mathcad will connect through the ODBC window, but when you pick the table in the database the connection seems to get stuck and will eventually time out and crash the Mathcad file.  I also have a rather restrictive I.T. department, but I have been assured that I have full rights to the software on my machine.  Any suggestions our possible solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dean Moore

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DeanMoore)

Can you connect successfully to a database in an older format?

I have tried using Access and creating a database in the older *.mdb format and I have the same problem

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DeanMoore)

I don't use this feature, so there's not much I can tell you. I don't think it's been updated in many years though, so the problem may exist with any database created using the latest version of Access. Do you have any old database you can check it with?

Top Tags