cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mathcad 15 to Prime Conversion Failing

JP_10301481
2-Guest

Mathcad 15 to Prime Conversion Failing

Hi there- these two files are not passing through the converter. I have absolutely no idea why. I have tried removing the plot and plotting function from the soil force mathcad15 sheet but that had no impact on the conversion and its still failing. Any and all help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The converter does not like the hash character (#) in the file names.

Change the filenames accordingly and conversions should work as expected.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

They fail for me, also.   Unfortunately, the onscreen conversion log doesn't contain anything directly useful.   Saving as HTML just produces a basic text display and a bunch of place-holder icons.

However, the conversion log does mention a Referenced worksheet.  Have you converted that?

Stuart

Edited to add:  The conversion was attempted using Mathcad Prime 8.

Wingwall #1 Soil Force doesn't reference anything but Wingwall #1 Steel references the soil force sheet.

@JP_10301481 wrote:
Wingwall #1 Soil Force doesn't reference anything but Wingwall #1 Steel references the soil force sheet.

In that case, I can only suggest that you use a binary brute force method, ie, cut the worksheet in half and see if that converts.  If so, add half of the second half and check that.  If the first half failed, cut it in half again and try that.  Rinse and repeat.  Hopefully, it shouldn't take too long to zoom in on the offending region(s).

Stuart

The converter does not like the hash character (#) in the file names.

Change the filenames accordingly and conversions should work as expected.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

Well spotted.

And yet the converter will cheerfully open the xmcd worksheets without a problem and (seemingly) do the conversion.   It appears to not like saving file names containing hash characters - some new US DEA regulation concerning file names, maybe? ... 😎

Stuart

Top Tags