cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mathcad Prime 3.0: How do I create at MSI package with license info?

ptc-6891022
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3.0: How do I create at MSI package with license info?

Hi,

I have to deploy Mathcad Prime 3.0 with the license information to many users, using SCCM 2012.

In mathcad 15 I could create an MSI package with the license information, but I cannot find any option for that with prime 3.0 ?

I tried google, but did not find what I was looking for 😞

Help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sune Thomsen wrote:

Where will the license server path be stored ?

In registry or in a file ?

As far as I know the information is not stored in the registry. The path to the flexlm server or the local license file should be stored in a xml file named "MathcadPrime.exe.Config" which is located in the Users/Applications directory of "All Users" in "PTC\Mathcad Prime\". I am not sure about the correct English names of those system folders.

Alternatively you should also be able to use the environent variable LM_LICENSE_FILE. For the correct syntax you may look at the file "Mathcad_Prime_Installation_Guide_en-US.pdf" of your Prime 3 package or the "Administration_Guide.pdf "of your Mathcad 15 distribution.

Be aware that the above information is just a guess and has not been tested by me. I have no experience in mass installation of Prime as we don't use this program because its so inferior and mediocre compared to Mathcad 15.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sune Thomsen wrote:

As far as I know the information is not stored in the registry. The path to the flexlm server or the local license file should be stored in a xml file named "MathcadPrime.exe.Config" which is located in the Users/Applications directory of "All Users" in "PTC\Mathcad Prime\". I am not sure about the correct English names of those system folders.

Alternatively you should also be able to use the environent variable LM_LICENSE_FILE. For the correct syntax you may look at the file "Mathcad_Prime_Installation_Guide_en-US.pdf" of your Prime 3 package or the "Administration_Guide.pdf "of your Mathcad 15 distribution.

Be aware that the above information is just a guess and has not been tested by me. I have no experience in mass installation of Prime as we don't use this program because its so inferior and mediocre compared to Mathcad 15.

Thanks that helped 🙂

Top Tags