cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mathcad Prime 7 plot missing features after conversion from Mathcad 15

PabloGarcia
6-Contributor

Mathcad Prime 7 plot missing features after conversion from Mathcad 15

After conversion of a Mathcad 15 worksheet, the plot was missing plot title, axes labels, and gridlines (see the attachment).

Is there any way to obtain on Prime an "engineering looking plot" as in the original Mathcad plot instead of the converted "high school" plot stripped of the original features. 

I would be grateful for any pointers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:PabloGarcia)

At least, you can add grid lines by using grid function made by Luc and other members. You can add text block by superimpose, however, add text in plot is very hard.  

image.pngimage.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

Try the chart component.  It has axis labels, graph titles, and grids, See Math tab | Regions group |  Chart component

If you upload your worksheet someone can show you how to use the chart component

Cheers

Terry

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

At least, you can add grid lines by using grid function made by Luc and other members. You can add text block by superimpose, however, add text in plot is very hard.  

image.pngimage.png

PabloGarcia
6-Contributor
(To:ttokoro)

Thank you ttokoro for the plots and worksheet. That looks better and it is alright I suppose as a workaround in the interim until PTC produces a seamless converter. 

However, I am still in disbelief (short of saying livid) that simple features of a plot such as title, axes labels and formats cannot be converted from Mathcad 15 (MC15) to Prime 7 (MP7) without manual intervention.  I have well over 300 worksheets in MC15 that I haven't yet converted because I seem to require editing most converted worksheets which is very time consuming, so I end up using my legacy MC15 version by default instead. I have attached as an example the original worksheet in MC15 format and the resulting MP7 after conversion.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Resulting MP7 after conversion + grid + text box.

image.pngimage.png

PabloGarcia
6-Contributor
(To:ttokoro)

ttokoro,

The final result looks good. Having to resort to editing the number of worksheets that I have in my library after conversion remains a pain (at least for me).  

Many thanks for showing the output and corresponding features that need to be applied. I will try it on my own.

By the way, I tried to open your converted worksheet it is not MP7, I get the error message that it is in a newer version of Mathcad Prime, I assume MP8. 

PabloGarcia_0-1664498753329.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Sorry it is Prime 8. Only expert member can down convert to Prime 7.

@ttokoro wrote:

Sorry it is Prime 8. Only expert member can down convert to Prime 7.

You don't have to be an expert, simply follow the steps given here : https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Prime-backwards-compatibility-solved-Or-at-least-hacked/m-p/637537/highlight/true#M188056

Attached is the file "converted" to P6 format which P7 should be able to open.

The position of your plot over plot seems to have been changed, though

Werner_E_0-1664509711193.png

I guess you used this strange method of putting one plot over the other superimposing them by eye to avoid that the axis expressions for the grids are shown, but I guess it would be better to use just one plot, even if it will either show none ar all three axis expressions.

Top Tags