cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad Prime is a huge step forward

LucVB
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime is a huge step forward

I have been a heavy user of Mathcad since 1998 and after test driving Prime 2.0 on a bunch of multimegabyte data files, I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed by its robusnest. And I really like its polished look and feel.

It has been my impression since version 12 that the development of Mathcad had reached a bottleneck, and a fresh new start was in order. It was a courageous decision because the transition period would inevitably raise some teething troubles.

As far as I am concerned, these teething troubles are now (with Prime 2.0 M010) below an acceptable level and starting from next month I will transition entirely to Prime.

Thank you to the Mathcad team for all the hard work.

Luc

3 REPLIES 3
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:LucVB)

Just as a point of interest, what do you do with Mathcad? Large files ==> data manipulation? What kind of operations?

Curious!

Flight test data analysis and aircraft performance modeling. The files are typically 60-100 Mb large. Operations: test points extraction, vector operations and interpolations mostly. Then, output data is prepared for plotting in Excel. I have never used Mathcad for plotting therefore the current shortcomings of Prime in that regard are not an issue.

I can say so

Mathcad Prime is one step back and two (huge?) steps forward - see http://communities.ptc.com/message/157856#157856

Top Tags